Zombie Highway

Para hablar de todas las historietas que no forman parte del "mainstream": Image, Dark Horse, DW, Avatar Press y muchas más.
Responder
Viacava Roberto

Mensaje por Viacava Roberto » Jue 28 28Etc/GMT+3 Feb 28Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 15:09

Hola Niamh.
aca va la confirmación (consultiva?)
La editorial de Zombie Highway es Digitalwebbing.
cantidad de numeros:

Primer tomo de noveta y algo de páginas que contiene "Hot wheels cold bodies" (8 pág), "The world accordingly" (3 partes de 22 pág. cada una), "Driving whithin the lines" (5pág.) y algunos pin ups.

Despues saliero dos historia cortas en la antologia "Digitalwebbing presents", en el numero 27 "Final arrengements" (11pág.) y "Roadside asistance" (8pág). Y en el número 28 "Hillside cemetery" (12 pág).

A eso le siguen 3 numeros con un arco argumental que se llamó "Wild and wonderfull"

Y por ultimos dos comic books, uno tipo elije tu propia aventura "Directionless" y el ultimo publicado que es "Back in blue"

Ah! y salieron 4 paginas en el numero de Digitalwebbing presents para Free Comic Book Day 2007 que se llamó "As endings go"

Actualmente terminé la primera parte de un nuevo capitulo "Redeeming Qualities" y estoy empezando la segunda y ultima parte.

Y no se si JC o alguien más estará dibujando otra cosa de Zombie Highway. Creo que ahi cubri todo.

saludos.

niamh
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por niamh » Jue 28 28Etc/GMT+3 Feb 28Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 20:14

Muchas gracias, Roberto.
Es la info que necesitaba.

saludos

Viacava Roberto

Mensaje por Viacava Roberto » Mar 24 24Etc/GMT+3 Jun 24Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 16:14

Ya salió en Francia la segunda entrega de Zombie Highway!

http://www.cinextenso.com/goodies/livre ... efault.htm

y aca les dejo un link a una nota que le hicieron a Jason Pell, el guionista.

http://www.cinextenso.com/goodies/livre ... efault.htm

y aca la traducción al ingles:

Can you tell us which were your course before launching you in the Comics universe and what were your first works?

*I'm not sure if I understand the translation very well. But what got me into comics? I have a brother that is twelve years my senior and collected comics, so even a wee boy I was able to get my grubby lil' hands on the good stuff. The horror themed books seemed to be the ones I naturally gravitated towards and would spend the most quality time poring through. Particularly Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing. It was intense, cerebral, and sometimes, very upsetting. There was the one where talking animals leave their planet to escape being eaten, only to have one of them chomped on by an alligator in the swamp...shoo. I emoted for too long over that.
Anyway, I hoped then that one day, I'd create books that have that kind of effect. Not necessarily scar young children, that sounds kind of... sick. But maybe leave people with a lasting impact.

Note: I found out later my brother would trip out on Mushrooms while admiring Bissette's art. I personally never experienced the books like that.

My first work was Grell, a horror western which one day I'll come back too and The Picture Show that has the first appearance of Mouse, Tag, Yeti, and Kuji.

How do you have the idea of making Zombie Highway?

*It started off as pure mockery. I loved, and still very much so, picking apart bad films and books. It's unlikely you'll find much that I criticize publicly, but among friends, I enjoy nothing more than ripping on horrible entertainment. It was that kind of sarcasm that motivated me to start Zombie Highway. I wanted to do something fun, and clever, and also deal with all the horrendous cliche's we've seen over and over and over. However, as I started writing more, I realized it wasn't just a "joke" book. Behind all crass humor and silly circumstance, were some real issues. I secretly fell in love with the characters and plot. I had no idea it'd turn out that way. It's like the girl you don't care about until you see her with Chad, the loud mouth with a motorcycle and the uncomfortably tight purple pants. The Caucasian Prince of the boons.

...I couldn't let that happen to ZH.

You are credited like the creator of this comics. What brought the drawings of Roberto Viacava to your initial concept?

*I had written the short "Hot Wheels, and Cold Bodies." for The Picture Show and I posted an ad for an artist and Roberto was one of the interested that replied. Once we were done, I felt I had said my piece about zombies and was willing to leave it at that. The End.

...Then I sat down and really looked at Roberto's pages. Really examined it. His art made me realize that these characters have MUCH more to say. Their story still needed telling. That I did in fact, love this girl/book. Now, I dedicate every issue to Roberto in a way for allowing me to see that.

Face to the many references to Sam Raimi’s movie, I imagine that Evil Dead is one of your principal inspirations. Do you have others?

*Evil Dead and Army of Darkness were absolutely huge inspirations. Love those !@^$#@ movies. I definitely wanted to have that sense of fun in my books. (Mind you, this was way before they started turning those movies out as comics.) As the story continues you'll see the horror take a much heavier feel. I'm an admirer of H.P. Lovecraft and I think that'll become much more evident.

The energy of the dialogues and the dumb spirit of your heroes makes think of the work of Kevin Smith. Could you talk about that?

*I respect Kevin Smith's dialogue so I'll take that as a compliment. But, if you are ever unfortunate enough to meet me, you'll find that I constantly talk of all things inconsequential. I find those kind of conversations are the most humorous. Add that sort of silly talk into a world spinning horribly out of control around you and it makes me smile. The absolutely most inane dialogue is taken directly from the mouths of my friends and I.

How do you explain the success of your series?

*Any success for Zombie Highway is completely due to the readers. ZH is an indie book so we don't have any backers or any proper way to advertise. It's strictly the readers and critics spreading the word. I would kiss them all on the mouth if only they'd let me.

What brought to the Zombie Highway the passage of the black & white to the color? Did the “Night of the living dead” aspect miss you?

*There was some debate when we first took the book the colored route. Personally, I always wanted it in color. Sometimes it seems books are held in higher critical esteem for being in black and white, but for me, the characters were too colorful to deny them. Fact, some of the future books rely on the use of certain colors so I believe it was a good call. However, if a certain story arc feels it'd sit well in black and white, it'll be that way. (Zombie Highway: Directionless is one example.)

What do you think about the wave of comics with zombies? Even Marvel has done it!

*Yep, zombies are everywhere nowadays. Not to sound like that old man that hangs out at the local Donut Connection, but back in my day of stone wheels and mammoth fur hats, there weren't that many zombie books. I'm in no way the first, and I could mention a hundred talented writers that explored the genre before me, I'm just saying there weren't as many. After The Walking Dead hit every joe had a zombie tale to tell. Or a craze to exploit. Whatever. Still, even with the saturation of the market, I thank god, ZH still feels as original and fresh as day one.

Which of them did impress you the most?

I try not to read other zombie books or comics. I'm terrified I'll see similar ideas and become discouraged or worse even, on some subconscious level be influenced. Call Zombie Highway good or bad and I'll shake your hand, call it derivative, and that's another story.

Very quickly in the story the living dead become finally rather additional in your history. You were not afraid to lose part of your readers?

Zombies are without personality. They moan, they shuffle, and they feed. I find them little more than backdrop. If you write a book where the zombies are more interesting than the lead characters, then I'd say you're deep in the mess. I don't want people buying the books with the expectations they'll see zombies eating someone in every issue and be disappointed. I mean, people being lunched upon is gonna happen, but that's not the core of the book and I wanted to stress that. Go elsewhere if you need that.

Do you know exactly when and how your series will be completed or will evolve in the future or do you imagine progressively your story?

*Not exactly when it ends but it's not too far away. As for how, I know, yes. I'm really excited about it, and I hope more than anything people stick around for it. As the next few issues really explore Mouse and the gang's role in the Apocalypse. This is something I've been leading to since the beginning. Expect the book to take a different direction from there. It becomes less about revenge, and more about finding faith in something , and even perhaps fighting destiny. Very lofty goals for anyone I'd think.

What are your relations with DIGITAL Webbing? How can do a small editor to point out itself between two mastodons like DC and Marvel?

*Digital Webbing is a collection of artists and writers. The only difference is most you haven't heard of just yet. Ed Dukeshire, the owner of Digital Webbing, I suspect believes there is a lot of talent out there that hasn't been discovered and he's doing his best to remedy that.

While I'm on the subject of of helpful cats, let me thank Fred Wetta. He's granted me the opportunity to reach even more readers and that's an incredible blessing. And in hardcover! I can't read French, but damned if it doesn't look sharp on my bookshelf!

As for sticking out, I don't honestly know how to answer that. It's an uphill battle and that won't change. I just write the type comic I'd imagine I'd like to read and re-read if I just stumbled upon it. And then I hope others do just that. Stumble.

Can you tell us some words on your future projects?

*Sure thing! Of course you can look forward to more ZH. The two-parter featuring Sutter as the lead are wonderfully creepy. I look forward to the response from those issues.

I'm also shopping around two different books to publishers. One is Ghost Telling. It's about Lucas and Claire, a brother and sister that have the ability to talk to the colorful spirits that have mysteriously invaded their world.

The next is a book called Woody and the Noble. A 10 year-old boy and his very uncommon dog who solve supernatural mysteries in the odd little town of DeepRoot, West Virginia. It's off beat as hell, but it's full of heart. Juan Romera did the art for both and they turn out beautifully.

If no publisher bites, then I'll self-publish. I'll do everything and anything necessary to get our stories out there. Keep and eye out for them.

Gran Ave
Moderador

Mensaje por Gran Ave » Mar 24 24Etc/GMT+3 Jun 24Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 18:30

Tito, que sentis al ver esas páginas que ya estan entradas en añitos??
"presti, sos un genio incomprendido... yo no te comprendo, pero estoy seguro de que sos un genio" ---Hernán Carreras
www.hernancarreras.blogspot.com

Viacava Roberto

Mensaje por Viacava Roberto » Jue 10 10Etc/GMT+3 Jul 10Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 12:52

Y casi un mes despues me acuerdo de contestar esto :P

la verdad yo me siento muy bien, orgulloso de que mis páginas lleguen a algun lado, es como un legado que vas dejando de a poquito.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Mensaje por Webmaster » Lun 28 28Etc/GMT+3 Jul 28Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 21:58

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

\:D/
Hernán Cabrera
Webmaster
http://navarrocabrera.com

Imagen

niamh
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por niamh » Lun 28 28Etc/GMT+3 Jul 28Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 22:51

Ja! mirá vos a Viacava haciendo fan service portalcomiquero....

MUKOR
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por MUKOR » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 01:44

JOO!!!

esa no la tengo!!!
if i knew picasso i would buy myself a gray guitar and play.
www.mukor.blogspot.com

Imagen

Nikichiki
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por Nikichiki » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 02:15

Se merece un

TRRRR-

--NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

=D>
Imagen

Ultimate Whatis
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por Ultimate Whatis » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 11:51

No entiendo nada...
Entró Torcida
Cuentos no eróticos ni románticos de pasión generalmente mal enfocada, sexo mayormente no satisfactorio y amor rara vez concretado.

Darius
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por Darius » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 14:18

Ultimate Whatis escribió:No entiendo nada...
idem.

WTF es un "fan service"?

¿Tito, haces delivery para otakus?

io, Daríus.

Ultimate Whatis
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por Ultimate Whatis » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 15:47

Fan service es cuando un dibujante se copa con el pedido de uno o más fans respecto a la historia que está dibujando, onda:
  • "Hacé que a (Personaje Femenino Hot) se le escape una teta, dale, no seas...
  • Haceme aparecer a mí pero musculoso.
  • ¿No pueden poner más culos?
  • Hacete un enfrentamiento entre naves espaciales con estética de los años veinte manejados por minas en bolas.
  • Un toque de sexo explícito mayormente heterosexual mataría ¿No?
  • ¡Dibujame a mí de fondo dándole pesto a una que parezca tener 14 años pero que en realidad sea mayor de edad!
  • Fulano (el dibujante anterior) la hacía a (Personaje Femenino Hot) más tetona y culona ¿Qué estás tratando de hacer? ¿Porqué nos querés cagar la vida?
  • Que los zombies se enfrenten a sus contrapartidas de un universo paralelo en el cual no son zombies si no vampiros.
  • Pongan un entintador más onda Wrighston, ese Bazán es muy limpito :P
  • Hagan una con robots zombies!
O sea que supongo que ahí Tito habrá dibujado alguna cosa que le pidieron o algo así. Pero no pezco qué será.

¡Tito, haceme a mí partiendo zombies al medio con una motosierra!
Entró Torcida
Cuentos no eróticos ni románticos de pasión generalmente mal enfocada, sexo mayormente no satisfactorio y amor rara vez concretado.

Viacava Roberto

Mensaje por Viacava Roberto » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 15:56

No sabíaa que era Fan service y la verdad no recuerdo haber hecho ningún pedido particular en esas páginas.
Quizás Niamh se referia a otra cosa, no se.

MUKOR
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por MUKOR » Mar 29 29Etc/GMT+3 Jul 29Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 19:13

no creo q tito le haya echo ningun fan service a niamh

porque niamh le pidio esto:

Consulta confirmativa:
La editorial de "Zombies H..." ¿es Digital Webbing?
Cantidad de números publicados.
Cantidad de números potenciales pensados.

y si aparecio niamh en algun numero y yo la entinté no me di cuenta...

XD
if i knew picasso i would buy myself a gray guitar and play.
www.mukor.blogspot.com

Imagen

niamh
PortalComic 1000

Mensaje por niamh » Mié 30 30Etc/GMT+3 Jul 30Etc/GMT+3 2008 - 01:59

jiji...a ver, les cuento por qué puse lo de fan service.

Roberto, entiendo yo, se autodibujó, es asi?
Si no es así...no dije nada, mis disculpas.

Si es así y se plasmó a si mismo como luchador contra los zombies, el fan service sería para nosotros, porque se puso a si mismo, plantó un guiño en la historieta.
Fan service también es eso, los que se llaman "guiós", también son crossovers :)

Estuve indagando sobre el tema largo y tendido....en breve sabrán por qué :P

Bue, espero haberme explicado bien, estos días se me hacen tan cortos....no me alcanza el tiempo... :(

Responder